First Draft: March 1, 2005
Last Revised: March 1, 2016
CEO: Keisuke Onishi, Ph.D.
At NAVITIME JAPAN, we believe that properly protecting and handling personal information received from customers is an important social responsibility of companies in modern society, where information technology has made advanced progress. As a company that provides navigation services that use the Internet, we are deeply aware of our social responsibility and the importance of protecting personal information. We take the following measures with regard to properly handling and protecting personal information received from customers.
- We properly protect personal information ("Personal Information"; including specific personal information) of our customers, partners, and employees by assigning a chief privacy officer and instating rules on its proper handling.
- The acquisition of Personal Information is limited to what is necessary for operations, and is done so through proper methods. When acquiring Personal Information, the purpose of acquisition and usage and contact information to handle complaints and inquiries must be clearly communicated.
- Except for what is required by law, Personal Information is not used beyond the usage purpose(s) granted by customers when the Personal Information is collected ("use for other purposes"). We will also instate measures to ensure Personal Information is not used for other purposes.
- Reasonable safety measures, including managing ID and password access and limiting access to facilities where data is stored, will be taken to protect Personal Information from risks such as illegal access, loss, destruction, tampering, or leaks. Periodic inspections, review, and revisions of measures and implementation will be made.
- An inquiry desk will be set up to handle and appropriately deal with complaints and inquiries regarding the handling of Personal Information and protection management system of Personal Information.
- In case we entrust a third party with the handling of work that involves any Personal Information, we will exercise appropriate supervision and management over such entities to ensure compliance to the usage, provision, and safety management granted when the Personal Information was acquired.
- If a customer requests us to disclose, edit, add, delete, stop usage, clear, stop providing data to third parties, and/or notify the purpose of usage of Personal Information, after verifying the customer's identity, we will handle requests appropriately within a reasonable amount of time.
- We will observe all applicable laws, regulations, and government policies relating to the Personal Information we handle, manage and revise the handling process of Personal Information, and continuously review and improve our Personal Information protection measures.
Inquiry desk: Personal Information Inquiry Desk